Seattle, WA – July 16, 2009Press Release
Large RIAs, firms managing over $500MM in assets, overwhelmingly choose Tamarac Advisor for their rebalancing and trading software
Tamarac Inc., the market leader in portfolio rebalancing and trading software for investment professionals, today announced that more than 50 of its RIA clients each manage over $500MM in assets, making Tamarac Advisor® the rebalancing software of choice for large RIAs.Tamarac Inc., the market leader in portfolio rebalancing and trading software for investment professionals, today announced that more than 50 of its RIA clients each manage over $500MM in assets, making Tamarac Advisor® the rebalancing software of choice for large RIAs.
Tamarac Advisor is a web-based software application that provides investment advisors with considerable gains in efficiency by automating critical areas of portfolio management such as monitoring, rebalancing, trading, tax management, cash management and reconciliation. The automation in portfolio management enables firms to provide a high degree of service across thousands of accounts with minimal staff and minimal errors.
RIAs using Tamarac range from over $10B in assets under management (AUM) to under $50MM and vary in number of accounts from over 50,000 to less than 100. Firms of all sizes have more time for clients and referrals as a result of the measurable gains in efficiencies Tamarac's portfolio management software delivers.
"RIAs have found themselves with less time to maintain current commitments as they struggle to keep pace with growing client demands," says Stuart DePina, CEO of Tamarac. "While many RIAs have experienced a decrease in revenue due to lower AUM, there has been an increase in many aspects of their back office operations. This increase is derived from a need to remain more active in performing research and to more closely monitor client portfolios - both the results of a volatile market."
More RIAs than ever are turning to technology to replace manual portfolio management tasks with automation. Over the course of the last year, rebalancing and trading software has evolved from a "nice-to-have" to a "must-have."
"Since 2008, more than 120 new RIAs have signed up for our system with the average firm managing over $400MM in AUM," says Matt Springer, President/founder of Tamarac, Inc. "We have over 20 RIAs on our system that manage over $1B in AUM and more than 50 firms that manage over $500MM. The company has seen strong adoption amongst RIAs during a very challenging economic climate thanks to the value our software delivers in the form of back-office efficiencies and improved profitability. Firms using our software can respond to market movement more quickly and do so across all their accounts at once."
Some of Tamarac's clients include:
- Bingham, Osborne & Scarborough, LLC - San Francisco, CA
- CAPTRUST Financial Advisors - Raleigh, NC
- Cassaday & Co., Inc - McLean, VA
- Cleary Gull Inc. - Milwaukee, WI
- Coldstream Capital Management, Inc. - Bellevue, WA
- Financial Synergies Asset Management - Houston, TX
- HBK Sorce Financial, LLC - Erie, PA
- JMG Financial Group, Ltd. - Oak Brook, IL
- LarsonAllen Financial, LLC - Minneapolis, MN
- Mercer Advisors - Santa Barbara, CA
- Miller/Russell & Associates, Inc. - Phoenix, AZ
- Stoker Ostler Wealth Advisors - Scottsdale, AZ
- Strategic Point Investment Advisors - Providence, RI
- The Mutual Fund Store - Overland Park, KS
- United Capital Financial Advisers - Newport Beach, CA
- Windward Investment Management Inc. - Boston, MA